Monday, March 31, 2008

here's a twofer.

I have a two animations. They look a little ugly just because they're line tests, and I haven't gotten the knack for making line tests look pretty just yet.

The assignment here was to do a walk cycle. So i did a walk cylce of a guy snorting coke. it's okay, if you can ignore the change of line quality midstep, and then constantly undulating mask from after effects that I didn't manage to reign in.



worth noting: the eye does not in fact pop out of his head. It is actually his heart. I made an attempt to TOTALLY SHAKE UP YOUR EXPECTATIONS by adding in that little visual gag. It became clear during crit that I completely missed the mark. but NEXT time I do a walk cycle o a guy having a heart attack from snorting too much coke (which may or may not be common... I didn't do my research) I will make sure the heart explodes onto the "camera lens" and slowly slides down leaving a bloody trail just to drive that point home.

This assignment was to a character doing two of the following four things: Pulling, pushing, hitting, or getting hit. I had a little preface planned that shows the bug discovering a half eaten apple before coming into this close-up shot, but I didn't have time to finish. The reason I even bother to say that is to make it clear that this craggy peak our friend is molesting is really a delicious apple chunk. Enjoy!

No comments: